Due to COVID-19, all lessons are virtual. Our art lessons and creativity mentoring are all one-on-one via Zoom. A list of supplies will be provided depending on the topic. Choose from any of the topics below. All topics are appropriate for ages 12 through Adult. Please note: some topics have prerequisites. Scroll down for Registration information.
Learn how to use graphite pencils and basic shading techniques.
Drawing Facial Features
Explore eyes, noses, mouths and ears in depth.
Portraits in Graphite
Learn the secrets to getting proportion and likenesses.
Prerequisites: Basic Drawing/Value and Drawing Facial Features
Drawing the Figure
Use reference photos to practice accurate proportions.
Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value
Drawing with the Masters
Using the academic method of Charles Bargue, author of the 19th century textbook used in French ateliers, make drawings from masterworks. Art historical context is provided. Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value
Proportions in children are very different. Learn how to capture them with ease. Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value
Learn how to capture your favorite animals with ease. Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value
Learn the secrets of one, two and three point perspective and apply them to landscapes and cityscapes. Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value.
By using basic shapes and sight measuring, learn greater accuracy in drawing. Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value.
Draw your favorite locations from photo references. Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value.
Using acrylic paint, learn color theory basics for improving your use of color through carefully devised projects.
Beginning Painting Portraits in Oil
Learn about tools, techniques, mediums, and color. Prerequisite: Basic Drawing/Value, Drawing Facial Features, and Portraits in Graphite.
Soft Pastel Painting
Explore tips and techniques for using soft pastels for portraits. Prerequisites: Basic Drawing/Value, Drawing Facial Features, and Portraits in Graphite
Use your session for guidance in achieving your creative goals. For more information go to the Creativity Mentoring page in the top menu.
1) Decide on a topic from the list above.
2) Click on one of the payment buttons below. Choose from four 30-minute sessions or four 60-minute sessions.
3) Contact us to schedule your sessions and receive a supply list.
The Top 7 Reasons to Make Living Creatively a Priority
1) Taking time for creativity is one of the best investments you can make in yourself. Regularly pushing yourself outside your comfort zone stimulates your brain to develop new ways of thinking and brings joy and imagination into all areas of
2) According to Newsweek Magazine, an IBM poll of 1,500 CEOs identified creativity as the No. 1 leadership competency of the future.
3) In her book "Drawing with Children, Laurie Meyers concluded, "Students do better in math and reading when given the opportunity to learn how to draw."
4) In this time of rapid change, studies show that creative people adapt more easily and are more able to stay in the flow of life despite uncertainty.
5) In an opinion poll by Strategy One, a global research firm, 82% of Americans feel they are not living up to their creative potential.
6) That same study showed that 62% of Americans believe that creativity is being stifled by our educational system, and there is
no concerted effort to nurture the creativity of all students.
7) Engaging in creativity can combat depression and the mental aging process. It can increase your powers of observation, spontaneity, and give you a bigger perspective of your day to day life.