“You would hardly believe how difficult it is to place a figure alone on a canvas, and to concentrate all the interest on this single and unique figure and still keep it living and real.”
How will Living Creatively help me to get to the next level?
Every human being needs to create. With our busy technology-driven lives, we tend to postpone this natural inclination until we have "more time."
With the Living Creatively website, you can visit regularly to find inspiration and encouragement in Creativity Sparks here on the Home Page. You'll find the most recent post above.
By signing up for the Living Creatively Now Newsletter, you will receive bi-monthly information on a variety of art-related topics and strategies for daily creativity. Click on the Contact button to subscribe.
Under Art Instruction, you will find information on drawing and painting instruction given privately and semi-privately for adults and children ages eight and up. These sessions are individually tailored to the artistic aspirations of each student.
Creativity Mentoring is an excellent way to kick start your creativity either in supportive individual sessions or as part of the Creativity Circle.
Art Presentations outlines the professional presentations on art, art history, and art-making demos that we can provide for your organization or gathering.
Classes and Online Payments You'll find a listing of all current session topics (modules). Choose what you would like to learn and conveniently pay online. To schedule your session, contact us by phone or email to schedule a time.
The time to unleash your creativity is now. Let's get started!
Living Creatively offers several different instruction modules. Learn more by clicking below.
If you have purchased a Groupon, please contact Denise by phone or e-mail to set up your session. 917-509-5147
Denise has nurtured my love for art and has helped me see the potential of my talents.This has greatly changed the way I view my art and how it can be applied to and enrich my life. She has helped me see everything differently. I am so fortunate to have found her and to have had the opportunity to learn so much from her. ~ Teresa, Bartlett, IL
Learning to draw and paint with Denise has been an exceptional experience. She’s helped me tap into and develop nascent skills I was unaware of – and the result has been startling. I’ve found myself totally immersed while creating the art. I’m so pleased this has become a part of my life – it’s very fulfilling. ~ Jonathan, Schaumburg, IL.
I enjoyed learning how to draw again. Starting out with drawing a collie was great and I enjoyed every minute of it. She knows what she is doing and shared much to help me become more artistic. Her years of experience are evident as she makes it look so easy. ~ Janice, Wayne, IL
The Top 7 Reasons to Make Living Creatively a Priority:
1) Taking time for creativity is one of the best investments you can make in yourself. Regularly pushing yourself outside your comfort zone stimulates your brain to develop new ways of thinking and brings joy and imagination into all areas of
2) According to Newsweek Magazine, a recent IBM poll of 1,500 CEOs identified creativity as the No. 1 “leadership competency” of the future.
3) In her book "Drawing with Children, Laurie Meyers concluded, "Students do better in math and reading when given the opportunity to learn how to draw."
4) In this time of rapid change, studies show that creative people adapt more easily and are more able to stay in the flow of life despite uncertainty.
5) In an opinion poll by Strategy One, a global research firm, 82% of Americans feel that we are not living up to our creative potential as a nation.
6) That same study showed that 62% of Americans believe that creativity is being stifled by our educational system, and there is no concerted effort to nurture the creativity of all students.
7) Engaging in creativity can combat depression and the mental aging process. It can increase your powers of observation, spontaneity, and give you a bigger perspective of your day to day life.